Sunday, December 23, 2007

Nomination!

12/21/2007

My recruiter unexpectedly called today! I knew when I answered the phone that she was going to offer me a nomination. The offer she gave me is in Central Asia. She wanted to make sure that I was okay with this before she officially nominated me. Due to our conversation during the interview, she understood my fears about Asia. Our conversation during the interview however made me realize that I’m going to be nervous about learning a new language no matter what language it is. I was so excited after hanging up the phone that I drove to Borders Bookstore with my grandmother (we were out shopping when the recruiter called) to find a book on Asia that could actually tell me what countries are included in Central Asia. I am a bit nervous after seeing the countries that make up Central Asia, but I also believe that the cultures in these countries are exceedingly vibrant, and the opportunity to experience them really is a dream come true.

No comments: