Monday, December 3, 2007

Getting the Ball Rolling!

Today was a pretty busy day as far as Peace Corps activity is concerned. I got fingerprinted today, which went a lot fast than I expected. I was probably in the police department building for less than 15 minutes. I also spoke with Erica, my recruiter, today for the first time since submitting my application. She said to call her as soon as I mail off my packet of additional forms and we will schedule my interview. Since I will be in Arlington over Christmas Break, we will do the interview sometime then. I also finally recieved my username and password for the online toolkit for PC today. None of the stuff was really important, but its nice to know that things are going smoothly so far. I should be able to mail off my additional forms tomorrow.
Oh, and by the time I got home from classes today, I had an email from Erica. She said that after reviewing my application further, she thinks I am eligible for a TESL program. I doubt that classroom tutoring / teacher aide work qualifies me for much of anything, but I'll fill out the forms and see what happens.

No comments: